Aaargh! Why can't I do it??
I tell my kids:
- No more than 15 minutes on the computer, you need to take an eye break. - But I spend hours on it without any eye breaks.
- Do not shout. Talk nicely - But here I am shouting at them, almost everyday.
- Fizzy drinks are bad for you - here I am drinking my cokes and other fizzy drinks whenever I feel like having one!!
- Do not snack before dinner. You will not be able to eat well - why do I sneak a snack when no one is looking, and then I have no appetite for dinner.
- Stay away from computer games. It's addictive. - I am hooked on it when the kids are not keeping an eye on me.
- Be patient! Wait- Why am I the one always saying "Quick" "You can do that much faster!" "You are taking too long!" "Hurry up!"
- Dont waste too much time blogging, you have exams coming. - Guess what? I can blog and blog hop for hours!
Why can't I lead by example? Why can't I practise what I preach? Bad mum!! Sigh.