Friday, November 2, 2007

Jigsaws

My older daughter, S, started fixing jigsaws from the age of 2. She started off with the 4 piece Spot jigsaws, and never looked back since. She can do puzzles that are up to 2000 pieces. She loves the challenge of jigsaws and can spend days figuring them out.

My son, on the other hand, isn't as interested in jigsaw puzzles. He fixed the odd puzzle or two when young, but was never really into it.

Little D loves jigsaws too. She started fixing them at the age of two. She did not like the 4 piece puzzles, so she started with the 6 pieces. She had progressed to the 16 piece puzzles in a short time. Every time we went out, she would harrass us to buy her new puzzles. The largest that she has fixed is a 30 piece floor puzzle, and she had no problems with it.

Yesterday, Little D pulled out her sister's old 60 piece jigsaw puzzle. She started working on it on her own.

After 15 mintues, she had completed all of it (58 pieces actually as 2 pieces were missing).

We were really surprised! Quite an achievement, considering she is not even 3 yet! Well, looks like she is like me. I love jigsaws too!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOO...love jigsaws too! but it's hard to find nice ones! the one ur daughter is doing is really nice! who's the producer?

just me said...

Your daughter displays great patience in joining jig saws.

bp said...

D's really good! Like mommy, like daughter =)

NomadicMom said...

Maybe jigsaw puzzle is a girl thing?? Errr.. but I not into jigsaw puzzle although I am a girl. (Yes. Still a very very young girl!!! heeee heee...in my dreams lah hor??)

Chen said...

Little D is indeed talented at such a young age. I love jigsaw puzzle too :)

stay-at-home mum said...

Mott
Its by the Great American Puzzle Factory. The jigsaw is one designed by Marc Brown (the writer of all those Arthur stories).

pretzel said...

Hi there,

Have u bought these IQ puzzles for your kids?:
http://www.englishcorners.com/iqconcept.html
http://www.englishcorners.com/rushhour.html

It's multi-levels.. even for adults.
I thot these games r v. challenging, and handy to carry around (when travelling), to entertain the kidz. :)

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi Pretzel
I only have hoppers. Some one gave IQ concept to the older one. And yes, they enjoy playing them. I do too!

Anonymous said...

High IQ. Clever girl, like mummy? :)

Anonymous said...

She's a genius! I have not solved any jigsaw puzzles for ages...