Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Are you impulsive?

impulsive - an adjective - defined by the dictionary as:
a) proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus;
b) without forethought
c) determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason
d) characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation.

Have always thought that I was quite an impulsive person, that would act at the drop of a hat, or shoot off my mouth, without first considering the reaction that would result. Have gotten into trouble from hubby ocassionally for doing things (all with good intentions, no doubt), without even considering what would happen after that! Deal with it later, just had to get it off my chest, or attend to it at that moment, I guess.

Hubby on the other hand is definitely not an impulsive person. He is one that would think through everything before he says or do anything ... just like a typical civil servant!!

So when I came upon this quiz, I decided to take it to actually find out how impulsive I am. Was quite surprised that I am actually not that impulsive after all! Maybe it was just a few occasions, and a mountain was made of that molehill, so it sticks in my memory. Like the quiz says, maybe its just my spontaneous side reacting. Quite a relief with the results, actually!!




You Are 35% Impulsive



You're a pretty stable and serious person. You don't take things lightly.

This doesn't mean you can't have fun - you just have fun responsibly.

You definitely have a spontaneous side, but you only let loose when it's appropriate.

6 comments:

Yan said...

I think I am more "curious" than being impulsive :)

I did it. It's 28%, a little less impulsive than you.

iml said...

Being a mum with responsiblities and accoutabilities to the very young and the old, I have learnt to stop, count to 10 and hold my tongue at 32%

Stardust said...

Hi, hi!

I'm just 11% less impulsive than you. Hehehe, this is fun! Thanks for sharing. =D

But I seriously thought that I am an impulsive person... no?

bp said...

That's a nice conclusion... and I agree with it, that SAHM, you have a fun, spontaneous side! =)

Looks like I should go take the test also and see what it says about me and my impulsiveness... I try not to be, but sometimes spur-of-the-moment is quite a Type A trait, no? ;p

stay-at-home mum said...

hi everyone
Thanks for sharing your impulsive factor with me. Looking at the results, it looks like I am still more impulsive than most of you. So must learn to bite my tongue more, eh?

bp said...

Guess what, SAHM? I just came from doing the test... and I got your exact same result, altho' I chose really conservative answers for what a non-thrill seeker I am!

Hehe, seems we do have similarities... aw, my dear friend, I'm going to miss you so much! If not my blog, you know where else to reach to me. I'm always here, so just give me a poke, a nudge when you like to talk, OK?!

Hug you again!!!