Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Clean up, clean up!

Ever had one of those days that you feel like just straightening the place up?

Yesterday, I cleaned out my mail basket, at 5.30am. Sorted thru all the mail. Some there since last year! Shredded those that I didnt need anymore. Junked the junk mail. Paid some "lost in the pile" mails!! Hoping to find some deductible expenses for my tax returns. No such luck! Now the mail basket is no longer overflowing.

Well, this morning at 5.30 am I did it again! Could not stand the sight of my dining table. It seems to have a special magnetism to attract trash and mess. So there and then, I decided to clean it out.

2 piles - one for the bin, the other for keeps. Shred, put aside, shred, put aside. This went on for some half hour. One lot went into the bin, the other kept aside.

Now the table is 1/3 full (vs 3/4 full at the start). At least we can do some work there now, and it looks like an organised mess.

Could do better. Must be braver to trash more things. But why do I get this instinct only at 5 in the morning??

6 comments:

bp said...

Hehe, so, you've been hit by the spring(cleaning) fever! No wonder you are up so early! ;p

Your table must be more than just an organised mess now! Haha, I also like to use this phrase "organised messes" to describe things I hastily put together, but know I have to come back another time to really declutter!

NomadicMom said...

Let's see the BEFORE and AFTER photos. ....You leave alot of stuff on your dining table one meh?

Yan said...

I did that recently also. That was when I was "Resting in Him", after that surge of blood pressure. I trashed, I organized, I filed, and felt really "lighter".

Hey, I did find some deductible expenses for my tax returns. I have even completed my tax returns which is only due on 30th June!

Why 5 am? Probably, no one to disturb you and no other distraction!

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi bp
Your definition of organised mess is very apt.

Hi ecl
Ok interesting to see when they reach a 100!!

Nomadicmom
Bluff you for what? Fortunately I have more than one dining table in my home. We use the one in the Main dining Hall for dining, and the dining table in the family room is the messy one!! Next time I will take photo for you - when the mess gathers again.

Hi Yan
why 5am? Dont know. wake up at that time and felt the urge to do it. If not, the time is usually spent on the computer.

iml said...

Your unconscious mind nagging you to "Clear the paperwork"

stay-at-home mum said...

iml
you are probably right!!