Friday, January 25, 2008

Where is that Cockroach?

Last evening when I was having my shower, I spied a cockroach in the corner of my bathroom. It did not move at all, so I left it alone and continued my shower. After I was done, armed with my bottle of insect killer, I attacked it.

First, I gave it a small dose of the "odourless all insect killer". It then started crawling in a drunkard manner. I gave it more of that special dose, and it then started moving all over the bathroom in a random manner. More "ssst", "ssst" and "ssst". 5 seconds later, it lay dead in a corner. Wow! the new improved formula sure "kills all flying and crawling insects instantly on contact".

When little D came into the bathroom to shower, she totally freaked out when she saw it, even thought it was in the far corner of the bathroom. I had to carry her into the shower and out of it. I left the dead cockroach there, thinking I would clear it later.

However, I forgot! When I woke up the next morning, I noticed that it was no longer lying in the corner. It was nowhere to be found. I assumed that hubby had cleared it. But when I checked with him, he said he did not.

So, what happened to that cockroach? Did it not die from an overdose of that insect killer? (I must have used close to half a bottle!) Or was it just mabuk (drunk) from it, only to wake up from his hangover and walk away?

Maybe I should change brands?

12 comments:

AG said...

Ha..I have given up on insecticide. I now use hot water from the flask. Works like magic.

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Hmm...maybe ur MIL or helper clear it away?

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi ag
Hot water? Wont it splash?
Maybe i should give that a try, but I really cant imagine myself running around with a flask of hot water after the cockroach, like I do with the the insect killer!!

Hi Ling
No! It was in the bathroom in my bedroom, which no one uses or clears except hubby and me. That's the puzzling thing.

iml said...

Disassembled & Carted off by the diligent hardworking ants!!!

Anonymous said...

Zombie kokoloach, yikes!!!

stay-at-home mum said...

Iml
Yikes!! No, did not see any ants around.

Kopisoh
I used to be like that! But now, I have to put up a brave front in front of my kids. I tell them its only a cockroach. so, cool and calm I walk around with that bottle of insect killer. No, no, now must walk around with flask of hot water.

stay-at-home mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

errr..think it was comatose. Then it woke up and wandered off. ha ha ha..

my kids r the same abt roaches. scream n scream n scream!!!! haiya! boys summore!

Hazel said...

here a Big Bang - World Record Tag for u. Have fun.

Unknown said...

LOL!sounds funny..I think the cockroach drain away already..:)Don't worry I guess the cockroach is already died.

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi Mott
Terok la! How come your boys scared? My son will chase after the cockroach with a rolled up newspaper and wallop it. And leave all the mess for me to clean!

Sweetiepie
I sure hope so!

bp said...

Hahaha! Wow, half a bottle... that should have knocked that bugger out quite sufficiently!