Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What is your Japanese Name?

I have a Japanese sister-in-law and a half-Japanese niece. I love spring time in Japan, especially cherry blossom season. My hubby loves Japanese food. My children love all things Japanese, especially the food. Little D loves singing the Japanese songs she learnt from her cousin as well as from school (as she has a japanese classmate and a teacher that speaks a smattering of Japanese). And, my children's favourite holiday destination is: Tokyo Disneyland.

Now, they will be thrilled to know that mummy has a Japanese name:

My Japanese Name Is...

Kaori Takashi

8 comments:

Bkworm said...

And you can call me...Satoko Matsudaira. ;)

Anonymous said...

I notice that the date of your blog is wednesday,29.8.07. Are you blogging from Japan?

iml said...

OOooh.....really!!! you are so lucky. Been learning the language for the past 5 years. Spent a week in a homestay programme in Nara last May. Just wish I practise my smattering japanese here, but no such luck.

stay-at-home mum said...

Ooops. cant wait for the week to end. Thot today was the 29th.Date amended.

Konichiwa iml!

Konichiwa Satoko. Thanks for coming by.

Anonymous said...

I tried this test twice and it gave me different Jap names! I was duped!
Maybe you can try again and see what you get this time.

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi tigerfish
U are right! But its ok. Just like when our parents named us when we were young. As we got older, they may decide another name may have been more suitable for us! ;)

Jonzz said...

Kaori-san, o genki desuka?

LOL!

bp said...

Hmm.. interesting! What does your Japanese name mean? I should click on the link to find out more?