I have been tagged by nomadic-mom.
Here’s how it works:
1. So easy peasy, if you were given a choice, would you be a SAHM or FTWM? Just provide 3 darn good reasons.
2. Include your post link to the list below and
Finally,3. Tag another three mommies
When I first started being a SAHM, I really wanted to go back to work. The kids were very young then. N was 6 months and S was 4. I had no time for myself. Cooped up with the kids all day. I yearned for my financial independence, mental stimulation, and time with my friends. However, with time, I have accepted and am begining to enjoy being a SAHM more and more, tho' there are times when I do think of going back to work. So which do I prefer if I had a choice now?
SAHM of course! why?
1. I am around to guide my children (morally and educationally), and I believe I will see the rewards in time to come.
2. I am around for all their milestones. Most of these I missed for my 1st child.
3. I dont want to be part of all those office politics. I hate it, and when I was leaving, I saw some of the true colours of those whom I previously respected, and I know it is the same everywhere.
Also having been out of the industry for so long (7 years), I dont think I am in a position to go back to my previous position in a professional services firm, as there has been too many changes, and I have not kept fully abreast with these changes. To do so would mean I have to take a step down, and I dont think I can accept that. To my kids, I think I am worth much more than what my bosses can pay me. And the joy of watching my children grow and learn is enough for me.
Well, all done! Sorry but i will not be tagging anyone as most of the mums have done it already.